I’m so glad I found these easy healthy gummies!
Gummies were always a go to candy when I was younger. I remember my brother and I having competitions on long car rides to see how many gummies we can fit in our mouths. Kind of gross now that I think about it!
I stopped eating gummies for years until recently I found that they can actually be HEALTHY! I’m not talking about gummies you buy in the candy aisle that contain corn syrup, artificial colors, citric acid. These are easy, homemade and healthy!
Bonus: they taste better than the chemical laden store bought gummies!
I tested a lot of gummy recipes to find the perfect combination of ingredients. One thing I found is that you have to use ingredients that allow you to concentrate the flavors . Many recipes I see call for 100% fruit juice + added sweetener. When I made them they do not provide enough flavor in the end product!
These gummies are packed with flavor!
What makes these gummies healthy?
- Make your gummies with beef gelatin powder. This helps improve gut health and digestion, protects joints, improves skin health, heart health and helps you feel full.
- I sweetened them with raw honey. Honey has antioxidants to prevent cell damage, natural allergy relief and it boosts immunity!
- My Lemon-Ginger gummies are a great source of vitamin C and lemon juice aids in digestion. Ginger is often used for indigestion and to calm an upset stomach.
- My Orange-Cranberry gummies are another great source of vitamin C and phytonutrients. They have significant antioxidant properties. Cranberry juice is most often associated with providing relief from UTIs. There are also cardiovascular health benefits, digestive benefits and many more!
I used these fun Fruit Shack gummy molds but any molds will do!
- ⅔ C lemon juice
- 1.5oz gelatin
- 6 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp cranberry concentrate
- Fill to 1 cup with 100% orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1.5oz gelatin
- Add liquid to pot.
- Sprinkle gelatin over liquid and let sit for 3-5 minutes to bloom.
- Heat and stir to dissolve gelatin – do not boil!
- Fill gummy molds or pour in thin layer in a 9x13 pan
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to cool.
No gummy molds? You can pour the gummy mixture into 9x13 pan and cut into squares or use cookie cutters when cooled!
**Nutrition information is not provided due alterations that can be made to accommodate food sensitivities.
What is your favorite flavor of gummies?