For me, breakfast is the hardest meal of the day. I struggle trying to find something that will keep me full until Lunch but that is easy/quick. So every morning I wake up and eat the same thing because it fits those criteria. Are any of you like this too?
This morning I had some extra time and decided to go back to one of my old staples – Poached Egg and Grits. After taking my food sensitivity test I discovered that I was sensitive to eggs. I cut them out of my diet for 6+ months and now I can tolerate them in small doses. Eggs in baked goods are easy for me to tolerate but if I’m careful for the rest of the day I can eat a whole egg.
My mom gave me a sign several years ago that adequately sums up my love for eggs and grits.
Man cannot live on eggs alone, have some grits!
Even though I don’t eat eggs every day now, this sign still sits in my kitchen to remind me of my favorite breakfast. I hope you give it a try!
- 1 egg
- 2 T instant grits
- ½ C water
- salt and pepper
- Fill small saucepan with water. Bring to a boil
- With a spoon, swirl water.
- Crack egg into water, turn stove down to simmer and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- While cooking, measure grits and water into microwave bowl.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Place egg on top of grits, season with salt and pepper.
If you have a corn allergy/sensitivity you can always eat a poached egg on a slice of crusty dutch oven bread or an avocado.
Products we use:
What’s your favorite breakfast?