SHE is founded by three sisters from Southern California who share a legit passion for organic living. SHE aims to solve a problem and overhaul an industry run by out-of-touch goliaths. No big deal… just another day at the office. With unique insights from diverse professional backgrounds — Kim, a Doctor of Physical Therapy; Lauren, a Registered Nurse; Lindsay, a Certified Financial Planner™ — SHE noticed major issues with today’s name brand tampons. From the ingredients (chemicals, dyes, and synthetic materials) to the way they are made (non-organic farming – pesticides anyone?), SHE knew the industry was waiting for an innovative newcomer to drag it into the twenty-first century…and thus…SHE was born.
Did you know?
- Most tampons and pads are bleached with chlorine which leads to a toxic byproduct called dioxin. This is linked to cancer as it’s a known carcinogen and endometriosis.
- If the cord of your tampon has been dyed, then it’s a possible source of toxic heavy metals
- Conventional cotton is harvested with pesticides, insecticides, and fertilizer which contain some of the most toxic chemicals on the planet.
- Organic cotton agriculture supports the health of farmers, ecosystems, animals, and consumers.
- Less water consumption & no runoff of toxic chemicals in the water = a healthier environment.