Yes – only 25-30 foods – and that includes their spices!
- Whole Chicken
- Aluminum foil
- 1T paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Rinse chicken thoroughly and remove any insides. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Mix all spices in a bowl until combined.
- Rub the seasoning blend onto the chicken – top and bottom!
- Roll up a few balls of aluminum foil and place in the bottom of your crock-pot – this will raise the chicken up so that it is not sitting in its juices.
- Place the chicken on top of the foil balls.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Chicken should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 160F or the juice runs clear.
- Be careful when removing the chicken from the crock-pot. I used tongs to pull it out. If the chicken is cooked too long it will fall apart because it’s so tender! This tastes great but makes it hard to take the chicken out in one piece.
If you want to cook vegetables at the same time you can quarter or half large onions and potatoes to give the chicken something to sit on.
One of the reasons I love making a whole chicken is so that I have leftovers for days! Try my chicken pot pie with your leftovers!
Protein – try with turkey breast
Flavor Enhancer – use your favorite food sensitivity friendly spice blend!
Also try our crockpot quinoa enchilada in your crockpot!
What’s your favorite crockpot meal?