Now that its summer we all want ice cream, right?
I always thought I hated chocolate ice cream but one thing I love is fudgesicles in the summer time! Who am I kidding, how could I hate chocolate ice cream?
Brandon and I keep hearing the ice cream truck pass by our house but I swear it makes sure that we are not outside because we are usually outside most days of the week and he never drives by when we want him too!
This weekend I got creative and tailored a standard fudgesicle recipe to my food sensitivity results and then I got to thinking. How can I make this even more customize-able!? I want everyone to be able to eat fudgesicles if their heart desires.
And fudgesicles make me happy.
But I guess, I do like other desserts too – like this sorbet 🙂
- ½ C cocoa powder or carob powder
- ¾ C allowed granulated sweetener
- 2 Tbsp allowed liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp flavor extract
- 2 C allowed milk
- In a pot, whisk together the granulated sugar and cocoa or carob powder.
- Add the liquid sweetener and flavor of your choice.
- Turn the stove on medium heat and pour in your milk.
- Whisk until chocolate and sugar are dissolved. The mixture does not have to boil but the heat helps it dissolve better.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Place in freezer until solid.
Milk: whole fat coconut milk or 2% or whole cow’s milk – you need some fat!
Granulated sweetener: cane sugar, blonde coconut sugar, beet sugar
Liquid sweetener: corn syrup, brown rice syrup, honey, maple syrup, cassava syrup, coconut nectar, homemade simple syrup – I use this recipe to make my simple syrup
Chocolate: you can also use carob powder for a caffeine free version!
Flavor Extract: vanilla, almond, mint would all be great flavors – I would use ½ tsp if you use mint because it is strong.